As a patient suffering with liver disease, telling your story can help others understand the fight against liver disease and the benefits of donating money toward life-saving research. Your story can make a difference and here are a few helpful hints to get started:
- Gather your list of friends, family, neighbors and co-workers that you would like to receive your letter.
- Give a detailed history of your experience with the disease:
- Describe your liver disease and how you were diagnosed.
- Length of time with the disease.
- Treatments you have undergone and the results (in laymen terms).
- Doctors and medical staff who have supported you during your treatments.
- How the disease has changed your life.
- Any other details about how you have benefitted from the SLU Liver Center.
- Include facts and figures about liver disease and the SLU Liver Center from our organization’s “Talking Points” – Click here for “Talking Points”.
- Ask for their help and tell them how they can make a difference by making a donation toward finding a cure for liver disease.
- Remind them that the treatments and care you have received were made possible because of past donations to the Liver Center.
- Ask for a deadline for their donation.
- Include a return envelope addressed to the Friends of the SLU Liver Center, 14323 South Outer 40, Suite 200M, Chesterfield, MO 63017.
- Follow-up with a phone call, one to two weeks after you mail the letters to ask if anyone has questions and thank them for any help they can provide – this will greatly increase your chance of a donation.
Please call the Friends office at 314-576-3078 for assistance writing your letter or preparing your campaign. We look forward to helping you!